The Los Angeles County Department of Military & Veterans Affairs (MVA) counsels veterans, their dependents and survivors regarding federal and state benefits such as compensation, pension, education, medical treatment, home loans, burial benefits and license plate designation. Our accredited Veteran Service Officers (VSO’s) also provide referrals for veterans regarding alcohol/drug abuse and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). MVA administers historical Bob Hope Patriotic Hall, a 10-story building with meeting rooms, auditorium, gymnasium, and banquet facilities available to veteran service non-profit organizations.
We value the dedication and sacrifice of our military veterans and their families by advocating on their behalf and promoting awareness of their contributions.
To serve all veterans and their families with respect, dignity and acknowledgment.
- Provide the highest quality care and services for our veterans and their families.
- Enhance operational effectiveness to maximize service to California veterans.
- Invest in our workforce to enhance services to veterans over the long term.
- Provide excellent customer service to our veterans, colleagues, and partners.
Veterans Live in California
Of California Veterans Live in Los Angeles County
The sacrifice of these heroes generates pride and appreciation from all of us.
PHONE 877.4LA VETS
MVA Launches Media Campaign to Reach Underserved Veterans October 6, 2022
Veterans Internship Benefits
Veterans who participate in the internship program will receive the following benefits:
- Competitive salary during the internship
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Technical job training and guidance on workplace behavior, competencies, individual responsibilities, and development of occupational skill sets.
Upon successful completion of their internship, veterans will be eligible to compete for permanent County positions.
Eligible for disability compensation if you have a service-related disability and you were discharged under other than dishonorable conditions.