There are several education programs veterans can use for a wide variety of approved education and training programs administered by the USDVA. Programs include: apprenticeship and on-the-job training, college degree and certificate programs, flight training, and correspondence courses.

Each program provides different benefits to different groups of individuals and usually offers a specific number of benefit “months.” Typically, most education benefits can be collected for 36 months; however, the maximum that can be collected under any combination of USDVA education programs is 48 months.

Please note that veterans can only use one USDVA education benefit for training at a time. For more detailed information regarding USDVA education benefits, visit or call (888) GIBILL-1 (442-4551).

VA Form 22-1990

VA Form 22-1990-Use this form to apply for educational assistance under the following benefit programs:

  • Post- 9/11 GI Bill chapter 33 of title 38, U.S. Code
  • Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB) chapter 30 of title 38, U.S. Code
  • Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR) chapter 1606 of title 10, U.S. Code
  • Post-Vietnam Era Veterans’ Educational Assistance Program (VEAP) chapter 32 of title 38, U.S. Code, or section 901 or section 903 of Public Law 96-342.

VA Form 22-1990e

VA form 22-1990e- Use VA Form 22-1990e if your spouse or parent has transferred Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits to you, and you need to apply for a Transfer of Entitlement (TOE).

VA Form 22-1990n

VA Form 22-1990n-Use this form to apply for education benefits under the National Call to Service (NCS) program (section 510 of title 10, U.S. Code). You should apply for this benefit if you first entered the military on or after October 1, 2003, signed an enlistment contract with DoD (Department of Defense) under the NCS program, and you elected one of the two education incentives provided by that program.

CFW Application DVS 40 – June 2022

The College Fee Waiver for Veteran Dependents waives mandatory systemwide tuition and fees at a State of California Community College (CCC), California State University (CSU), or University of California (UC) campus. If eligibility criteria are met, use of the California College Fee Waiver for Veteran Dependents may be applied to state-supported programs in the CCC, CSU, and UC systems. Some programs at a CCC, CSU, and UC campus are considered self-supported, commonly referred to as extension courses or extended education, and they are not covered under the college fee waiver. The College Fee Waiver program does not cover the expense of books, parking, room and board, or any other school-specific fees. All applicants must meet California residency requirements.

Use this form to apply for your dependents’ College tuition fee waiver offered by the state of California.

Patriotic Hall Offices are open from: 8am-5pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday
• Wednesday from 8am-8pm•

For veteran services, please contact or call 1-877-4LA-VETS.
If you are interested in renting an event space, please contact
This is default text for notification bar
Skip to content